There’s nothing like downtown Whitefish in winter, cute as can be and trimmed with powder snow. If the gorgeous winter Northwest Montana is enjoying has you dreaming of Whitefish MT property, know you’re not alone! Here’s what you need to know about this resort town tucked in a scenic corner of the Last Best Place.
** This story is from our newest issue of Pure Montana magazine. Read more here. **
This is an authentic mountain town that has stayed true to its roots. Whitefish radiates a quietness unmatched by other towns across the west, thanks to its position at the head of a valley surrounded by millions of acres of protected wild lands, including Glacier National Park. Booming with entertainment and recreation options, Whitefish is growing as more people discover its many secrets, but the local’s down-to-earth lifestyle is here to stay.
- 10th Best Ski Resort in the West, Whitefish Mountain Resort, Ski Magazine 2018 Resort Guide
- 70 years ago, the resort on Big Mountain established
- 1904, Amtrak’s Great Northern Railway put Whitefish on the map. (The rail line has since been renamed the “Empire Builder.”)
- 540,000 passengers traveling through Glacier Park International Airport in 2017
- 59 miles away from Canadian border
- 15.85 miles of Whitefish Lake shoreline
- 55+ miles of the Whitefish Trail wind around Whitefish Lake, offering distinctly accessible recreation
Northwest Montana is an amazing place to call home! If you’re interested in Whitefish MT property, give our local agents a call, or browse Whitefish Montana real estate. And not too far down the road, there’s Kalispell real estate and Bigfork real estate.
PHOTO: Whitefish MT property, featuring 803 Seventh Street West. For more information, contact Jennifer Arterbury at (406) 471-9361.